NoXyLo was our newspaper of short news and fast information. It issued once a month, or more often if current events demanded. Its motto: no xylo! It was e-mailed to our list subscribers. Not all issues are translated in English. To find the complete list of publications, please refer to the french version of this page.
|Date and Link||Contents|
|12 November 2009||– Academic failure at the European Schools|
– Taxation of Greek colleagues
|18 Décember 2009||– REC|
– Health insurance
|18 january 2010||– REC|
– European Schools
|23 february 2010||– REC|
– EPSO competition
– Health insurance
|22 march 2010||– The method|
– Sickness fund
– Groups by DG: contact points
|26 may 2010||– U4U officially representative|
– Contract and precarious workers
– Shipwrecked by the reform
– EPSO competition and ENA training
– Lack of ambition in the 2011 budget
– The Community method for managing the crisis
– Together against European defeatism
– EUROCONTROL applies the method
– Main results of the conciliation on the EEAS
– 7689 readers of GRASPE magazine
|19 october 2010||– Did you know?|
– Commission administration section
– JSIS: the Commission’s health insurance scheme at risk?
– Early retirement
– New competitions
|13 may 2011||– EDITORIAL: “INDIGNANT” AND BEYOND|
– AUSTERITY: the word is out
– Canteens: the Commission must set an example
– New EPSO competitions and U4U training courses
– The Ombudsman and officials
– EPSO competition: analysis of the first AD competition
– The Council calls for implementation of the exception clause in Article 10 of Annex XI to the Staff Regulations concerning application of the Method in 2011
– Commissioners’ code of conduct
– When the European Ombudsman slips up…
– Attestation: a new exercise in 2011;
– We write to No Xy Lo
|27 june 2011||– Special issue 1 General mobilisation against the “reform” of the Staff Regulations.|
|2 april 2012||– Editorial: Disputes, controversies and polemics|
– Method: the Council calls again for the exception clause
– Threats against European civil servants
– Restructuring: U4U takes action (DG AGRI, DG INFSO, DGT, RTD, etc.)
– Removals: U4U takes action (DG COMP, DG COMM, etc.)
– Results of the elections in Ispra and Sevilla
– The long struggle of language teachers
– EPSO Certification Competition
– Did you know?
– The European Institutions’ Unemployment Fund
|24 april 2012||– Editorial: The Europe I see, the Europe I want|
– U4U creates “U4U Reps
– Contract agents: honouring commitments
– Germany: civil servants’ salaries and bonuses increased
– Restructuring and relocation: U4U is committed
– Participatory Progress: a methodological model
– Canteens: U4U questions Mrs Souka
– The Commission lacks appeal
– Election of your staff representatives
– GRASPE meetings
– The Charlemagne Visitors’ Centre: an update
– Crèches: making a habit of things
– European Schools: an insufficient budget
– Health insurance: a positive balance sheet
|11 july 2012||– Editorial: A few lessons from the elections and some areas for action|
– Results of the Brussels CLP elections
-Contract agents: follow-up to the General Assembly
– Staffing issues at the Commission
– Upcoming competitions published by EPSO
– Looking for savings?
– Employment and young people. Really?
– Letters to the Editor
– Support U4U
|13 september 2012||– Reform of the Staff Regulations: are we going to let ourselves be bullied?|
– Revision of the Staff Regulations: the Council continues its approach of destroying the European civil service
– Revision of the Staff Regulations: the Belgian proposal of 17 August 2012 concerning the temporary contribution: a real hold-up on the salaries of EU officials and pensioners
– Further negotiations on the revision of the Staff Regulations will depend on the level of savings to be made under Heading 5 of the Financial Perspective (FRP) at the Special European Council in November 2012.
– Local staff: still nothing
– Adjustments to remuneration and pension contributions: an update on the 2011 and – 2012 adjustments
– European Schools
– New ECR: much better
– European citizens want a Europe of solidarity
– Elections to the Commission’s CLP in Brussels: continuation and end?
– EPSO competitions published in the Official Journal of the European Union – Training
|15 october 2012||– Editorial: Let’s not be afraid!|
– Good news at last: the European Union receives the Nobel Peace Prize
– Official message from Jacques Delors, Founding President of Notre Europe and President of the European Commission from 1985 to 1995
– Contract agents: where do we stand?
– Feedback from the AGM
– Information sessions
– The Council’s silence
– The Civil Service Tribunal sanctions moral harassment and awards €5,000 in compensation
– The Council loses its compass.
– Multi-Annual Financial framework: the European Parliament weights in.
– Externalisation versus internalisation
– DOCUMENT: Budget 2013, European policies are the way out of the crisis.
– Letters to the editor – U4U responds
|13 november 2012||– Editorial: After 8 November: what to do and how?|
– 14 November 2012: European Day of Action and Solidarity for Employment and Solidarity in Europe
– Where we stand with the Financial Perspectives 2013-2020
– Open letter to Mr Silva Rodriguez Director General of DG AGRI: For a participative management of staff
– Open letter to Mr Gregory Paulger, DG COMM: For a transparent management of staff
– U4U defends you – Rights of spouses of European officials if they are in CCP
-Presidency of the CLP: abuse of position and trust, confusion of genres!
– Strike: why such violent attacks?
|26 february 2013||– Editorial|
– Internal competitions: where do we stand?
– Training for EPSO competitions
– Solidarity: Europe throws in the towel
– Not good but is it a surprise ?
– When the regulated sits on the Board of the regulator, is there a conflict of interest?
– Harassment at the Court of Auditors
– A small mistake by the IMF
– Document : Democracy in Europe
– Citizens’ initiative: Demand quality European education for all
– Humour: Oh my!
|18 april 2013||– Editorial: Taking action|
– 23 April: Take action to reduce job insecurity!
– Staff of the institutions to their presidents: take action for the future of the Union!
– Internal competitions: Redressing the injustices suffered by “post-2004” colleagues
– Adjustments to our salaries and pensions: Where do we stand?
– U4U (U4eUrope) European training courses
– Follow-up to the Multiannual Budgetary Agreement (MFF)
– Proximity: our meetings
– Public holidays in 2014 (forecasts)
|10 june 2013||– Editorial: 5 June strike? A resounding success!|
– The use of democracy in the European Union
– Novlangue: “Reform means cuts! Modernisation means reduction!
– AC: for less precarious management of job insecurity
– Internal competitions: why not organise three?
– Fighting together, fighting at the same time!
– The European Schools are celebrating their 60th anniversary this year: could this be their swan song?
– How to counter the anti-EU propaganda in the Media?
– Letters to the editor
|14 october 2013||– Editorial: Is reform of the Staff Regulations enough for the Member States?|
– Reform of the Staff Regulations: the final straight
– Salary adjustments for 2013
– Adjustment of the pension contribution rate for 2013
– 2011 and 2012 salary adjustments before the Court of Justice
– Adjustment of the pension contribution rate for 2011 and 2012
– Right to carry over annual leave in the event of illness: Strack v Commission judgment
– Council of the EU / European Parliament judgment (C77-11) of 17 September 2013
– Agencies: a good response to the criticisms and expectations of the scientific world?
– The CAs: giving it a try!
– When will promotions be launched?
– The latest periodical to which U4U contributes
|7 january 2014||– Editorial: Relying on our own strengths|
– Commission report: pay policy
– Review: personnel management
– Reforming statutory staff representation
– CGAM: it’s urgent to wait!
– RTD: Together we need to defend our working conditions and dignity at work
– Is the Commission talking out of both sides of its mouth?
– Commission: A clumsy communication policy
– Echoes of the Great War
– Mood of the duck in chains (at her desk)
– Agreed normal weekly hours in the EU Members’ civil services in 2012
– New rise in flat prices in Luxembourg
– Notices of Competition
– Dates to remember
– Join U4U
|3 march 2014||– Editorial: Resist!|
– Appeal: the staff’s appeal has been heard!
– Generation 2004, the leaflet that leaves you dreaming
– The institution needs a new personnel policy
– Post 2004: U4U defends internal competitions
– Invitation to a conference, “The EEAS after 3 years: Achievements and Opportunities”.
– Professional inadequacy
– Adjustment of pay and pensions: an unacceptable situation
– Financing the European budget: towards own resources?
– Jean Monnet building in Luxembourg: anxiety is mounting
– Contract agents: we’re making progress!
– U4U and the VOTE THE CHANGE list: better defending JRC and Luxembourg staff
– Election to the Presidency of the Central Staff Committee
– The German model: an idea to follow?
– U4U creates a section in Alicante
– The U4U press
|16 june 2014||– Editorial: Faced with the risks posed to citizens by the rise of euroscepticism and nationalist withdrawal, let’s give Europe a chance|
– The Presidency of the Commission must be entrusted to one of the candidates nominated by the EP groups, capable of breathing new life into the Commission on the basis of a legitimate majority
– DG AGRI moves: taking staff into account
– AST and AD promotions: what to do and how?
– All well at OIB? Not so sure…
– AD 13 and AD14 promotions: the “good practice” of the Cabinets must now be applied to the services, within the framework of clear and transparent rules
– CLP takes action on low-cost products
– Mendoza v Commission judgment of 27 February 2014
– Letter from U4U to Directors-General and Heads of Service
– Letter from U4U to DG HR
– EPSO competition
– Appeals against pay adjustments
– A NEW DEAL FOR EUROPE
– The Agri Cafet
– Letters to the editor
|25 november 2014||– Editorial: “Taking better gender representation in management to heart”? You bet!|
– The Juncker Commission is already under attack
– VP K. Georgieva, in charge of budget and personnel, meets the trade unions
– U4U at DG AGRI
– DG AGRI’s vegetable garden
– AC social dialogue: negotiations finally get underway
– U4U, for a participative trade union activity
– 2014 promotions: 4,600 promotions at the Commission
– Appeal against the Staff Regulations
– Near, next steps: the point of view of U4U-Near, U4U-Devco, U4U-Elarg
– DG ENV workshops
– Our next meetings
– Comitology: conflicts of interest and sabotage of EU policies
– Is ageing inevitable?
– Testimony: Exchanges of civil servants